|Instructions for Radiosity 3000 (added to 5 Gallons of paint)
Please read entire sheet before mixing
Materials and Tools Needed:
* One bucket Radiosity 3000 (one gallon)
* Five gallons of Paint (see list below)
* 16 oz. cutting agent (use water for Latex paints)
* One clean five gallon bucket
* Drop-cloths or painters plastic
* One clean paint paddle
* Sheetrock paddle mixer
* Heavy Duty Drill
CAUTION: ALWAYS WEAR DUST MASK WHEN HANDLING RADIOSITY 3000.
CAUTION: FOLLOW ALL MANUFACTURERS RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING SAFETY.
1. Lay out drop cloths in an area away from airflow to minimize airborne dust.
2. Strain paint into clean bucket. Clean first bucket and pour half the paint into it.
(DO NOT STRAIN PAINT AFTER RADIOSITY 3000 HAS BEEN ADDED)
3. Carefully add half of the Radiosity 3000 and cutting agent into each bucket.
(Cutting agents are not required if using PPG Radiosity Carrier)
4. Mix each bucket slowly with sheetrock paddle mixer to a smooth consistency.
While mixing, start at the bottom and pull mixer slowly to the top.
(mixing too fast will splash material over bucket sides).
5. Remove the mixing paddle and box the paint (pour back and forth between the two buckets).
When mixing more than five gallons, box all paint together. Scrape the bucket sides to loosen material,
then mix again with paddle mixer, for at least one minute in each bucket.
1. If using a brush, roller or power roller, the mixture is ready to apply; no further steps are necessary.
2. If using an airless sprayer, remove all filters from machine and gun.
For interior wall and ceiling spraying, use a 517 tip, attic spraying use a 619 or 621 tip.
Both 1-foot, and 4-foot extensions can be used for hard to reach areas in attics.
3. When applying a Radiosity 3000 in attics, cover all under-decking and joists as well as the exposed ductwork.
Applying Radiosity 3000 to ductwork will increase potential energy savings.
Protect attic contents and entrance from over-spray.
4. For interior painting, cover and protect floors, and contents as for any painting.
5. No special cleaning steps are needed. Follow all manufacturers recommendations for cleaning.
* Attics; Coverage will average 100-125 square feet per gallon (attic footprint) when using latex paints.
The first coat can be a skim coat, then a heavy second coat. Paint all decking and support joists completely.
Also, painting exposed ductwork will provide an added benefit for energy savings.
* Interior / Exterior Painting; Use any high quality interior or exterior latex paint that is satin, semi gloss, or gloss.
Slight color and texture changes can occur when using Radiosity 3000.
Be sure to test an unseen area first for color and texture matching.
* Metal roofing; Spraying from the topside, use a high quality DTM, DTR or elastomeric paint.
|Home How Attics Exteriors Interiors Roofs Colors Mixing FAQ's Testimonials Where Installers Contractor Contractor FAQ's Seminar Vision Contact